Crochet Star - Video Tutorial!

Hello lovelies!

I hope you guys are well! In Germany, the weather has suddenly changed from "Too hot to wear a t-shirt" to "Where are my gloves?!". Since we don't own a car, we do everything by foot or by bicycle and we really need to dress nice and warm for this weather. It's the perfect excuse to get our homemade scarf collection out and start wrapping ourselves in all that yarny goodness!

The moment I feel the weather change, my thoughts go straight to Christmas. I know it's a little premature at the moment, but since Christmas is my favourite time of the year, I already can't stop thinking about it. I have to restrain myself from going to the basement and getting at least a few decorations out already! Christmas lights are my favourite ;-)

The weather makes me want to light every candle we have in the house, burn some incense, put on my super warm house shoes and wrap up in a nice woollen jumper on the sofa!
I really don't mind the cold that much outside, in fact, I think it's nice to have such a big contrast with the very cold weather outside, and the warmth inside the house! It makes coming home even nicer!

Matt has been busier than ever with work at the moment, leaving in the morning, and coming home after midnight. I really feel for him because I know he must be very tired! That's why I always like to make sure there's enough nice food in the house for when he comes home and work on Boys & Bunting for the both of us!

Speaking of working on Boys & Bunting... I've made a new video tutorial! It's actually for an older pattern of ours:
The Simple Star! It's one of the very first patterns I came up with and I still think it's wonderful! Even though the star looks quite simple, there might be some parts of the pattern that would seem a little intimidating if you're just reading it. That's why I thought it would be great to help those 'visual learners' out there, with a video tutorial!
Besides the fact that it's very helpful to have a video to copy, I also think it's such a fun and personal way of explaining things to you guys! I hope to make many more videos in the near future!
Without further ado: Here's the video tutorial:

Click Here to go to the pattern page where you an download the free PDF pattern!

I always get really nervous shooting these videos, even though I've spend so many years of my life on stage. There's something about sitting alone in a room, lights shining on you, no script, staring into the camera, that makes me crazy uncomfortable! Whenever you see one of my videos, know that it's probably the 24th take! Filming my hands crocheting is so much easier! But, yet another reason to make many more videos, since practise makes perfect!

I hope you'll have fun watching it! Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel, so you'll know when there's a new video right away! If you have any questions, wishes, comments, tips etc... please write us a little note or comment below!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

xxx

No comments