A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

RoseHello everyone!

I hope you're all doing well? Matt's been very busy with work this week so I wanted to do something nice for him on Valentine's Day.
We never do anything special that day, mainly because it always worked out that I was on the cruise ship on Valentine's. I'd order him flowers to be delivered to his work but that would be it.

I thought I'd surprise him with our favourite breakfast (toast with cheese, fried eggs and bacon, yummy!) and his favourite ice cream from the organic shop down the road: coffee ice cream. I also got him some nice roses from the flower shop in our tiny little village. The roses were hidden in the cellar, but the ice-cream had to go in the freezer of course, so I knew he'd probably find out on Saturday evening already.

Matt came home, and had done some shopping himself. He bought some bacon, eggs and cheese for our breakfast in the morning. He went to the organic shop down the road, and bought some coffee ice cream and went to another supermarket to buy me some Ben & Jerry's. Seriously... I'm not even kidding! I guess it really shows that we've been together for so many years (It's coming up to 8 in August). Finding out that we had both bought the same things made our Saturday evening before Valentine's Day really special already.

The morning of Valentine's Day we decorated the table with some tulips I had bought him a couple days earlier, the roses I had given him and a nice candle. We had our favourite mugs out with coffee, some orange juice and our bacon eggs and cheese toast! A perfect PERFECT breakfast for us!

I've also been getting some hooky action over the last week! My dear friend Heidi had fallen in love with an amigurumi doll Matt had crocheted a while back and asked if I could make her one as well. I was looking for a reason to make one since I was intrigued to try out one of the patterns by "Lalylala". Here's a picture of the doll Matt made:

The name of this doll is Lupo. Lupo looks like a sheep, but is secretly a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing! Regardless, I think Lupo is absolutely adorable and I started hooking away! I didn't use the same yarn as Matt did, since his version turned out almost life sized and I wanted this one to be a little smaller. The yarn I went with was Oslo by Wolle Rödel. It's a worsted pure wool yarn. It's lovely to work with and perfect for this project! I used a 3mm hook to get nice and tight stitches which prevents the stuffing from showing through!

The pattern is written very well! She tells you exactly in which row to place the safety eyes and how many stitches apart they should be. She also posts many pictures and drawings to help you understand how to make your Lupo exactly like hers. It was a great pleasure to make this!

A couple days later and my Lupo was finished! I can't wait to ship it off to my friend! I'll ask her to send me a picture of Lupo in his new home! I feel like I'm gonna have a little play with the positioning of the ears again, because now that I'm writing this an seeing the pictures again I feel like they could be turned forward a little bit.

I'm intrigued to make some more patterns by Lalylala since this one was such fun to make! I know Matt has bought a couple more, so don't be surprised if you see more dolls popping up on our feed. It also inspires me to come up with my own Amigurumi pattern. But what to make??? I'll give it a whirl in my head and see if something comes out!

To finish up, I wanted to share with you guys how much we love being in touch with you guys! On Instagram and Facebook we get a lot of comments and we try to reply as fast as we can. Don't forget to share your projects with us as well since we love to see what you guys are up to!

Have a lovely week everyone!!!

xxx

12 comments

  1. Glad you two had a lovely Valentine weekend. I have also bought a couple of Lalylala patterns and cannot wait to get on and make them. I'll look forward to seeing more of yours - happy hooking xx Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Which one are you going to start with? I love the dragon and the toadstool! Matt already made the Fox and the Mermaid as well! They're all adorable! xx Dennis

      Delete
    2. Hi I have Fibi fox, candle Claus, xmas tree Xaver and angel Anton - I love them all and just wish I could find the time to start one of them. As you say they are all adorable - I shall start one of them one day really soon xx Joy xx

      Delete
  2. Love Lalylala! I am working on Kira the Kangaroo right now, and she is adorable. I love a well-composed pattern. I plan on buying the fox next, then the seasonal sets. There are also a few free "mod" patterns, that use the basic body pattern and adapt them to create something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Megan! I love Kira! She's indeed adorable! Definitely get the fox! Matt made that one and it's one of my favourites! She's got such clever creations! Thanks for your message! xxx

      Delete
  3. Hey Fuzzika! Thanks for your kind words! Maybe send your son and his husband to our website, and who knows, they might start crocheting 😉 Your key rings and rooster sound like fun! We've never heard of the Road Trip scarf, but I'll have a look on Pinterest! Thanks again for your message! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a super Valentine's day and how lovely to be so in tune with each other. Your Lalylala sheep is scrummy! I have the pattern for the toadstool doll, but I must confess I find that very tight crochet very hard going. Maybe I just need more practice! I look forward to seeing your next projects. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elaine! Thanks for your lovely message! I wouldn't worry too much about thinking about crocheting very tightly. I just choose a hook size that's much smaller than recommended for the size of the yarn I'm crocheting with, and it makes the stitches become tight almost automatically. But I agree, it's still not as easy going as rows of double crochets for a blanket. It's worth going for it though, the results of amigurumi projects is always so satisfying!!! Have a lovely day! xxx Dennis

      Delete
  5. Oh, you guys! So cute! Thanks so much for a lovely Blog, which I've been following ( accordingtomatt ) for some years now. I taught my three sons to crochet and sew. And it's not uncommon to see them sewing up something or crocheting a scarf. :-) Wishing you many, many, many more Happy Valentines, and happy crochet hours. Love, from Cape Town, South Africa. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen!!! Thank you for your message!!!! How awesome that you taught your sons to crochet and sew! It's such a great hobby to have! I love that after a lot of work you have something to show for it every time! Wishing you a lovely day in South Africa! It's still a dream of mine to visit one day! I've heard it's beautiful!!! xxx

      Delete
  6. I've read Matt's blog a while back and loved it! Then I forgot where it was, :( but now here you guys are! I bought Bina bear and have made 9 of them adding my own twists to them. I gave them all to charities but I never even thought to take pics of them. Thanks for letting us peak into your world through your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read Matt's blog for a couple years (it was one of my favorite blogs), and was sad to see it go, but this is fun, too -- because now we get to hear from you both! It's cool to see guys who crochet! Thanks for giving us a peek into your world -- and for the gorgeous patterns and ideas you've shared! :)

    ReplyDelete